Statement of General Policy
The Safety, Health & Welfare at Work Act, 2005 imposes statutory duties on employers and employees, and to enable these statutory duties to be carried out it is the intention of this Company, so far as possible, to ensure that responsibilities for Safety and Health are properly assigned, accepted and fulfilled at all levels of our organisation, and that all practical steps are taken to safeguard the Health, Safety and Welfare of all employees and visitors to the premises or operations under our control, by securing a workplace that is as safe and healthy as possible.
- This Statement of General Policy will be brought to the attention of the Safety Officer, the employees, and all other people in the workplace who might be affected by it, by giving them a copy of it.
- It is the intention of this Company to ensure, as far as is reasonably practicable, a safe place of work, safe means of access and egress, safe plant and machinery and safe systems of work
- Provision of such information, instruction, training and supervision will be given as is necessary to ensure the health and safety at work of all employees. Should it occur that hazards cannot be eliminated suitable protective clothing and equipment will be provided.
- Emergency plans will be made and revised if necessary.
- As far as is reasonably practicable every effort will be made to prevent risk to health from any article or substance (including plant machinery and equipment).
- It is intended to ensure, as far as is reasonably practicable, that the working environment of all employees is safe and without risks to health and that adequate provisions are made with regard to the facilities and arrangements for their welfare.
- It shall be the duty of every employee at work:-
- To take reasonable care for his own safety, health and welfare and that of any other person who may be affected by his acts or omissions while at work.
- To co-operate with his employer and any other person to such extent as will enable his employer or the other person to comply with any of the relevant statutory provisions.
- To use in such manner so as to provide the protection intended, any suitable appliance, protective clothing, convenience, equipment or other means, or thing provided (whether for his own use or for use by him in common with others) for securing his safety, health or welfare while at work.
- To report to his employer or his immediate supervisor, without unreasonable delay, any defects in plant, equipment, place or work or system of work, which might endanger safety, health or welfare, or which he becomes aware.
- No person shall intentionally or recklessly interfere with or misuse any appliance, protective clothing, convenience, equipment, or other means or thing provided in pursuance of any of the relevant statutory provisions or otherwise, for securing the safety, health or welfare of persons arising out of work activities.